||2 days ago|
|home||2 days ago|
|README.md||4 months ago|
|dotfiles.sublime-project||8 months ago|
|init-macos.sh||3 months ago|
Yet Another Dotfiles Repo.
This uses homeshick.
I mostly work on macOS but I try to keep this workable on my FreeBSD machines, so there may be some splits
Overall I am trying not to have too bespoke of a setup but there is a lot of initialization and configuration for access to dev tooling
Start by installing homebrew then curlbash the inti-macos.sh script!
I try to keep my shell config sparse and rely on a lot of small commands installed in ~/bin This is slightly less efficient but more extensible
I also use FZF to get around a lot since I miss fish's completion
I use a Brewfile to manage my packages and keep it consistent on macOS
Instead of running brew upgrade manually I run my
pour function which does a lot of dep work.
- I have it set up so that you can navigate through tmux and vim seamlessly using C-hjlk
- I use tmux plug-ins use ^a-I to install
- I recommend using the riseup.net setup, but last I checked it's a bit out of date.
- Mine is a ported version of this, I use gpg in a lot of places so I need the agent to work in CLI & gui
- The global gitignore is mac/python/ruby/chef/go/ect oriented
- The main config is set up with lots of alias & uses gpg signing by default
I included my ssh config because I think it can be useful to others.
The keys directory setup means for every host or set of hosts I log into I generate a different key! This means loosing a single key to a single system is not a large swath of revokes. However regenerating all the keys for a yearly rotation or new machine is slightly annoying so I have a fish function called keygen which makes this easier.
I use direnv frequently I have a few standard functions I use to help me out.
Uses asdf-vm to manage most of my language versions since I am quite polyglot.
I have a global .tool-versions but generally don't store that in dotfiles as
pour manages it.
There is also a lot of .default packages to keep support open